Sunday, February 14, 2010

Loire Valley = Gorgeous Layouts!

I've been on a Loire Valley rampage over the last week. I have been so surprised at how versitile this range has been, and how many things I have been able to create with it. I've used it for layouts across the board and on many different themes and it just seems to work.

Here I've used it to scrap a photo of William ready for his Easter Hat Parade at pre-school last year. I really loved the photo of him, but the background was a drab wall of nothingness. Not being a digi girl I wasn't really sure how to fix the problem... then I thought, and thunk, and thought some more and bingo...

Solution! Grab a dart or other sharp implement and scratch the background away! I love the way it makes William POP out of the photo.

Don't be scared to attack your photos I say... they are so cheap to get printed and you might just love yourself sick once you've done something a bit crazy!

1 comment:

Marg said...

I love how you have got rid of the background....never thought to do that and it looks great....Lovely layout nic...:smile: