Saturday, June 5, 2010

Feeling Peachy Keen!

Feeling Peachy? Maybe a little bit keen? Then the Peachy Keen range from Kaiser Craft might be right up your alley!

I seriously feel in love with this range. The colours, the patterns, the embellishments... and oh the stamps! I couldn't wait to get working with it, and I think the proof is in the pudding with 5 layouts and 7 cards and not a scrap of paper left!

When I sat down to start creating, I also decided that it was time I pulled a few older photos out of the box. These certainly aren't the best photos lurking around my place, but they do tell stories and record memories, and that's the most important thing.


~ ROSE ~

This photo is a poor copy of the original. My Nan, Grandad, Uncles, Aunty and Mum. No-one is looking at the camera... I can imagine on the day that there were several going off and no-one knew which one to look at. I can see the pulling of the chairs together, getting everyone into position, flashes, smiles, laughter, and 'hurry ups' 'will this take long' as well. So many thoughts and feelings when I look at this photo... all beautiful.




~ ROYAL CASTLE ~

I bet my mum washed out my terry towelling clothes back at the motel and they were fresh and ready for me the next day! In fact, it is possible that I only had this one set of clothes while we were away lol.

The Royal Castle is in Ballarat, and I was there... can you see my brother and I standing by the horse? If you look hard you will see the proof! I wonder how far back they had to stand to get that giant horse and us in the photo?

~ SOVERIGN HILL, BALLARAT ~
I just don't understand why terry towelling outfits are no longer available. They are true wash and wear, and if you should ever be in need of a towel to dry your hands, well, you just wipe them off on your clothes. Bring them back I say! Especially the all-in-one numbers... very special!
In the top photo, you will notice a lady in pink shorts with a white top giving the camera a little wave... that's my mum... you often find her in the background of photos doing that... it makes me laugh!

~ MEET ~
This photo was snapped in the carpark at Panthers in 1993. It was my first meeting of my maternal grandparents and my half brother and sister.
You would think that we could have found a nice grassy noll to take this photo, but no... a last minute thought in the car park.
Thank goodness none of us clash with the cars... and luckily we weren't run down by a crazed poker machine player who had just done their dough!

No comments: