Thursday, January 1, 2009

Happy New Year!

New Years Eve and both the kids were very excited. I've brought bubbles for the late afternoon, and of course sparklers for after the kids fireworks on tv.

Caitlin was determined to see the midnight fireworks this year, and she did! I thought it would have been William up and running wild and missy would be fast asleep, I was wrong. William conked out about 11.30, and Caitlin was still pumped up at 1am!

Here's some quick snaps I took of the kids blowing bubbles.





After the 9pm fireworks we headed outside with our sparklers. The next door neighbours had left their outside lights on and it just wasn't dark enough in the backyard so we headed out the front. I took a couple of photos, but wasn't really getting what I wanted so I slowed the shutter speed down and bingo! If only I had of thought earlier I would have been more prepared and taken out the tripod. It's really hard to not get camera shake when the shutter is open for more than a second or 10! Anyway, overall I'm happy with the results... more than happy actually for my first time trying to capture these images... and next year I will have the tripod at the ready.





Happy New Year everyone!

1 comment:

{ she } said...

How slack am I...I have only just discovered your blog! Happy New Year. Hope you had a great holiday! Love the photos...I scrapped my 'sparkler' photos on the weekend :)
xoxoxo